Tatsuya HORITA is a Professor in Department of Human-Social Information Sciences, Graduate School of Information Sciences (GSIS), Tohoku University. He is engaged in research and development on education about media and information society.
He has been an Elementary School teacher at Tokyo Metropolitan, Assistant Professor in Faculty of Science and Technology, Nishi-Tokyo
University, Associate Professor in Faculty of Education, Toyama University, Associate Professor in Faculty of Informatics, Shizuoka University, Associate Professor in National Institute of Multimedia Education (NIME), Visiting Professor in the Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies, the University of Tokyo, Professor in Graduate School of Teacher Profession, Tamagawa University, and Advisor to Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
He has been enthusiastically partnering with schools and classroom teachers to research Media/Information Literacy Education, including curriculum development, instructional design, learning environments and situations, and teacher training. He is also deeply involved in policy making with respect to information education area as a member of such organs of the MEXT.
He is the author of “Study about Getting along with Media” (Justsystem, 2004, in Japanese).
- Tokyo Gakugei University, B.A., Education, 1986
- University of Electro-Communications, M.A., Engineering, 1995
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ph.D, Educational Technology, 2009
- Master thesis: “A Study on the Software System to Assist Distributed Cooperative Learning at Elementary School Level” (Department of Computer Science, University of Electro-Communications) 1995
- Doctoral dissertation: “Study on Support Methods of ICT Use in Whole-Class Teaching in Elementary School Classes” (Department of Human System Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology) 2009
- 2009 Outstanding Paper Award from Japan Society for Educational Technology
- 1997 Outstanding Young Researcher Award from Japan Society for Educational Technology
Articles (Refereed) – Major Research Paper Written in English
- Tatsuya HORITA, Jun TAKAHASHI, Ayaka MARUYAMA, Jun-ichi YAMANISHI, Investigation of Teacher Purpose, and the Frequency and Timing of ICT Use in the Class Processes of Whole-Class Teaching, Journal of Educational Technology Research Vol.32(1-2), pp.13-20, 2009
- Tatsuya HORITA, Jun TAKAHASHI, Keyboard Island Adventure: Development and Evaluation of a Japanese Language Keyboard Learning Sytem with an Integral Test Function for Elementary School Children, Journal of Educational Technology Research Vol.29(1-2), pp.85-95, 2006
Proceedings of International Conferences (Refereed) – Major Research
- Tatsuya HORITA, Haruo KUROKAMI, Hitoshi NAKAGAWA, The Variety of ICT Utilization by Expert Teachers, Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008, pp.701-706, 2008
- Tatsuya HORITA, Mari WADA, Takeharu ISHIZUKA, Hiroshi HATAKEDA, Eita AOKI, Tomoyuki SUGIYAMA, Hiroyasu ITOH, Shin SASADA, Teacher’s Desktop: A System for Distributing the Location of Useful Information on the Web for School Teachers, Proceedings of ICCE2007, pp.607-610, 2007
- Tatsuya HORITA, Jun TAKAHASHI, Hitoshi NAKAYAMA, Kazumi YOSHINO, Takumi SOGAWA, Jun-ichi YAMANISHI, e-Net Moral: An e-Learning System that Links School and Home Teaching Internet Morality, Proceedings of E-Learn2006，AACE, pp.60-67, 2006